Collection Bureau of America
Collection Bureau of America, Ltd. (CBA) was founded and has been a privately-held corporation since 1959. We are a Minority Owned Business (MBE) certified through the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) as well as a State of California certified small business and are licensed / authorized to collect in all 50 states.
CBA is an industry leader because of the following distinct, competitive advantages:
- Our commitment to excellence in customer care;
- Our nationwide scope, complimented by a vested local commitment to the California economy and workforce;
- Our hands-on ownership and management that has over 100 years of combined experience recovering a wide range of debts types – Utility, Municipal, Medical, Commercial, Cable and Bottled Water;
- Our flexible recovery strategy that is customized to our clients unique business and customer care needs;
- Our partnership approach that extends our clients’ recovery methods and procedures to be paralleled by CBA, so that their customers experience the same high-level of customer care at every stage of the recovery process;
- Our dedication to compliance, which is the cornerstone to upholding CBA’ strong industry reputation.
Scope - CBA’s nationwide scope is a competitive advantage because it allows us to collect for national clients with customers across the United States. No matter where the customer moves, CBA has the ability to contact them in their state of residency to work with the customer regarding their account. Having a substantial national market penetration across the United States, CBA can allocate resources for collection efforts that apply to all markets because we have active, current and ongoing collection efforts in every state.
Diversity - Collection Bureau of America (CBA) is a privately-held, diverse, minority-owned accounts receivable management firm. Since 1959, CBA has specialized in collecting consumer and commercial debts, both locally in California and nationally. CBA’s headquarters and local office is in Hayward, California. CBA has been located at this custom-designed twenty-four thousand square foot collection-oriented facility since 2000. This facility was built to accommodate the unique needs CBA has as a customer-service oriented collection center. Features such as elevated management workstations, inviting lobby area, and vibrant work interiors align CBA’s facility more closely to our clients’ facilities, unlike a prototypical collection facility, so CBA can achieve the client’s level of professionalism and customer care that comes through with each call we make.
Approach – CBA’s extensive experience and deep understanding of a clients’ collection portfolio is a unique, competitive advantage that has been achieved by retaining experienced management staff, developing specialized training and fostering precise employee skillsets that produces successful results. Results are not just measured by dollars collected, but also by other factors such as positive customer interactions, being able to show respect at all times, and having the compassion to be able to recognize a challenging financial situation that can be resolved to have a mutually beneficial outcome for the customer, our client and CBA. CBA’s in-depth knowledge of the complexities of financial collections derived from our over fifty years of experience which results in the highest levels of customer satisfaction combined with maximized recovery rates.
Collection Bureau of America is an active member / vendor of the following associations:
- ACA (American Collectors Association)
- ACA Government Services Program
- ACA Healthcare Services Program
- CAC (California Association of Collectors)
- California Municipal Revenue Tax Association
- Hayward Chamber of Commerce
- Certified California Small Business
- County of Alameda Small, Local and Emerging Business (SLEB)
- Certified Minority Business Enterprise through the California PUC
WHY CHOOSE CBA?
We like to keep it simple, secure, and harmonious.
We run on the same platform as many of today’s largest companies so you know we’re up-to-date and that your customer data is secure.
FDCPA, PCI, HIPAA, TCPA, FCRA. The debt collection industry is heavily regulated and our quality assurance team ensures we are exceeding regulatory standards.
Multiple sites, daily backups, 99.9% up time. We can keep going, while others can’t.